Top Hat Culture Radio

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Why we love electronic music, from THC's perspective.

It’s quite peculiar isn’t it?

I mean, if you think about it in reasonable logical terms, there’s no explanation to this obsession. In most cases there’s no real instrument involved, and if you had count the number of times you hear the same sound over and over again in one song I can literally imagine it would be a scary number. My best guess would be this is the very reason why some, or a lot, of people don’t enjoy this particular genre of music. I can imagine a few people turning in their graves by the way music has changed today, entire orchestras replaced by a single computer or a not so nice voice turned into a super one just like that.. How things have changed.

So why do we like it?

The reason may be different for everyone, but as an idealist and a wandering thinker I keep coming back to the same thought process. That saying, I’m not trying to explain why we like all electronic music, just rather why we as individuals have our own varied preferences within this broad genre.
I believe a song tells a story. And just like any story a song needs to follow a trend. Before I continue however, I’d like to play a word association game. What’s the first thing music related that pops to mind when thinking about music? Once again, answers are bound to be different, but for me the clear winner has to be “dancing”. Dancing is synonymous with music, and in that minute while you’re dancing and listening to a song nothing else matters. Due to the repetitiveness of the beat the music allows you to find you’re own little shelter within the song, and because you know what’s coming you are completely free to be yourself, let go and just have fun. And when you truly love a song, you love the sound of it, and you honestly do not care how many times it comes at you. Each time, feels like the first time you hear it. Beautiful.

Like I said earlier all music tells a story but the difference with electronic music is, it lets you create the story. And that is why I and perhaps maybe you, love music the way we do. Either way, always keep listening and always keep dancing.

As always our links for more of all things music:

www.facebook.com/tophatculture
www.facebook.com/santafeparadox (My personal DJ page)
www.youtube.com/user/tophatculture
www.mixcloud.com/santafeparadox
www.soundcloud.com/santafeparadox

Much love to all those who love music,
Santafeparadox ( Top Hat Culture crew )

No comments:

Post a Comment